Friday, March 19, 2010

This is Your Life

We did it! The surprise party was a success. Leslie never knew anything about the party. That became very obvious when she agreed to attend a rescheduled mentor training during the party! We quickly scrambled trying to get everyone notified of the time change. I think only one person came early and got to see the decorating in progress.

Speaking of decorations, they were incredible! If you ever need someone to decorate an event for you just let me know. Allegra is the most talented, creative person I have ever had the pleasure to know. She is AMAZING! The school auditorium was much more festive with the 200+ balloons and numerous Leslie posters. (Allegra rented a helium tank and wanted to empty it but she finally admitted defeat to the tank.)

We also had a slideshow/video presentation of Leslie through the years. Lisa did such an outstanding job getting it all put together. (I think she has a new career field awaiting her.) The tribute was so touching. I even cried! The presentation was better than what my mind had imagined.
The party was everything I had hoped for and more. I am so blessed to have such a dear friend as Leslie in my life. We wanted to take a moment to honor her and all she means to each of us.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY month dear Leslie! I love ya!!! (And now you know I CAN keep a secret from you for four months!)

No comments:

Post a Comment